BLS CPR for the Healthcare Provider Course Description:
The Basic Life Support (BLS) CPR for Healthcare Providers course is designed to provide a wide variety of healthcare professionals the ability to recognize several life-threatening emergencies, provide CPR, use an AED, and relieve choking in a safe, timely and effective manner. BLS CPR training is appropriate for those that work in a hospital setting, first responders, such as police officers and firefighters, as well as for laypeople whose work brings them into contact with members of the public, such as school, fitness center, or hotel and restaurant employees.
BLS CPR for the Healthcare Provider Course Content:
• Critical concepts of high-quality CPR
• The American Heart Association Chain of Survival
• 1-Rescuer CPR and AED for adult, child and infant
• 2-Rescuer CPR and AED for adult, child and infant
• Differences between adult, child and infant rescue techniques
• Bag-mask techniques for adult, child and infant
• Rescue breathing for adult, child and infant
• Relief of choking for adult, child and infant
• Introduction to CPR with an advanced airway.
* This course includes key changes in basic life support, reflecting the new science from the 2015 American Heart Association Guidelines for Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation and Emergency Cardiovascular Care
BLS CPR for the Healthcare Provider Course Format:
The initial BLS CPR for Healthcare Provider Course requires approximately 3 hours to complete, including skills practice and skills testing. The renewal Course requires approximately 2 hours, including skills practice and skills testing.
Upon successful completion of the course, participants will receive an American Heart Association BLS CPR for Healthcare Providers certification card that is valid for two years. Students must pass a written exam and skills test in order to qualify for this certification.
The BLS CPR for Healthcare Providers Student Manual (#15-1010) is required and will be available for purchase at the training site for $15 payable by cash or check (includes Pocket Reference Card).